Bar/Bat Mitzvah Planning Checklist
2). Find a great Location, DJ Company, & Food
3). Decide if you're hiring an Event Planner
4). Create a Preliminary Guest List
5). Book your party Location(s)
6). Book your DJ, Unique Entertainment, & Caterer
7). Confirm when your child's Tutoring Sessions begin
8). Read and discuss your child's Torah and/or Haftorah portion(s)
9). Encourage your child to select a Meaningful Mitzvah Project. The Bar Mitzvah and Bat Mitzvah process
is a great time to do good deeds.
10). Book your Videographer, Photographer, and all other Vendors
11). Order Invitations
12). Finalize your Guest List
13). Make the following important Decisions:
Ask yourself, will there be?
- A Grand Introduction Walk In? Yes or No
- If yes, what song title(s) & artist name(s)?
- A Cocktail Hour? Yes or No
- Will there be entertainment/activities/games for the kids during cocktail hour?
- Will the kids be in the same room as the adults during this time? If not, who will supervise the kids' activities? A popular choice is having the DJ's party motivational dancers to supervise the kids. Another option would be to hire mitzvah bouncers.
- A Separate Sound System for the kids' room? Yes or No
- A Trivia Contest about the bar mitzvah / bat mitzvah celebrant? Yes or No
- A Candle Lighting Ceremony? Yes or No
- A Ha-Motzi Blessing (blessing over challah)? Yes or No
- If yes, by whom?
- Hora? Yes or No
- If yes, will the bar/bat mitzvah celebrant be lifted in a chair? Will siblings or parents be lifted in the chair?
- A First Dance with parents? Yes or No
- If yes, what song title and artist name?
- A Toast? Yes or No
- A Video Montage? Yes or No
- A Special Last Song? Yes or No
14). Finally, ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT GOOD COMMUNICATION IS KEY TO YOUR EVENT’S SUCCESS.
- Once you've answered these questions be sure to convey them verbally and in writing to your
DJ Company as well as your party planner (if you have one).
- If you have any further questions regarding the planning of a Bar Mitzvah / Bat Mitzvah please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.